I'll take her on...

Years ago, when I started this blog I made up this persona, Skinny Girl.  She lives inside of me and has even made herself public for a while after the birth of Robbie. I've managed to subdue her and keep her quiet with copious amounts of chocolate cake, pies and very little activity.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to shut her up.
She's been screaming for a few months and I can't ignore her any longer. She occasionally rears her skinny little head and crabs at me to take a hike--or a walk--whatever; the message is the same to me.

I don't like Fat Girl either. She's annoying.  She whines about aches and pains and bi-focals and tendonitis. I'm tired of hearing how her clothes don't fit right, how the bathroom scales show larger numbers during "that time of the month."

So, in order to shut them both up, and thereby create a bit more sanity inside my head, I have tried to take long walks along our bike path, but I've developed foot pain.  I'm heading out to the Doc today to see what it is.  It's annoying, that's for sure.

So because walking hurts, I bought a bike--nothing fancy or speedy.  A pretty little plum colored Shwinn. She has a wide seat, just like mine, goofy broad touristy handles and a basket.

I imagine myself looking like this,

But I'm sure I really look like Margaret Hamilton.


Now that Margaret's "theme music" is stuck in your head, I'm pulling out Penelope Shwinn and going to take a spin.


Comments

Thank you for a great laugh! I have spent about 18 months working myself over and am so pleased with the results. I am NOT skinny, but I am in the normal weight range for the first time in 30+ years. I know that it is not an easy thing to do, but it does make me feel so much younger and stronger. Enjoy your bike rides.
Anonymous said…
O my! now I have no excuses after reading this blog and comments lol ><; mmm well okay if another person in the world can return to a normal weight after 30 yrs, then most likely me too!!??? hope/pray/works on it ... thanks ladies for encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction

We have orders